It’s Tuesday, and that means I’m sharing a travel destination somewhere far away from home. About this time last year, a friend and I were exploring England and we spent a couple of days in beautiful Oxford.
We were able to live a dream of staying at Hogwarts by booking a night at Christ Church College. The room we had was lovely, but the biggest perk was access to the grounds (even after all of the other tourists are kicked out) and a full english breakfast in the one, the only, THE Great Hall. My inner Harry Potter nerd was in full fangirl mode and it was amazing.
Here are some great ways to explore and enjoy Oxford:
- Take a walking tour with the Blue Badge guides. Tours leave regularly from the TI office, and make sure to take one that goes to the Divinity School (where Professor McGonagall teaches Transfiguration in the movies)
- Climb the tower at the University Church of St. Mary the Virgin and get an amazing view of some iconic buildings
- Grab a new book at Blackwell’s Bookshop
- Spend some time at a great pub like the Turf Tavern, home to stories of everyone from Inspector Morse to Bill Clinton, or the Eagle and Child, hangout of legendary authors J. R. R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis
- Take an afternoon stroll in the Christ Church meadow and enjoy this quiet slice of english university life
I hope this trip to Oxford inspires you to add this wonderful town to your English travels. Thanks for coming along and as always, please leave any questions or comments in the section below.
Date & Locations: September 2016 - Oxford, England, UK
Photos taken with: Nikon D5300, Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f3.5-4.5 Lens (Rented from BorrowLenses.com)